We love having parent volunteers in our classrom. If you would like to volunteer please read the information below and then take the small survey.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Must be Raptor scanned before volunteering!
- No Siblings!
- Remind your child that you are there to help all of the children, not just them.
- Confidentiality is extemely important.
- behavior of your child does not change
- no sitting on your lap or hanging onto you
- don’t do the work for any child, including your own
- help, encourage, and assist but encourage independence
- talk, question, interact, and get involved with their learning
- Per Superintendent Policy 4100 and 5140.1, dress appropriately for volunteering. Casual clothing is fine. Volunteers, like school staff, set an example for students.
- Most importantly, get excited about what they are working on. Get them to talk about what they are doing.
If you have read through the volunteer information above, please complete the following survey. Don't forget to include your name and the date so I can document that you have completed the training.