Frequently Asked Questions
Q-Should my child bring a water bottle to school?
A-Yes! Please send your child to school with a small pop-top water bottle! This saves time when not everyone needs to use the one drinking fountain. I try to send them home daily for washing. Please plain water only, no milk, soda, flavored waters, juices, coffee, or tea!
Q-What is the BEE folder for?
A-The BEE Folder stands for Bring Everything Every day.
- The front pocket is for papers that need to be filed out and returned to school.
- The back pocket is for things to leave at home. Please remove these each afternoon.
- The zippered case is for personal notes between home and school or if you need to send in money for any reason.
- The clear plastic page protectors have useful kindergarten information. Please leave these in the sleeves for future reference!
- PLEASE...check your child's folder DAILY!
Q-How much homework does my child have?
A-Your child should work on homework for 10-20 minutes a day.
- Some days an Everyday Math Home Link will be in the BEE Folder. Your child should do this with a grownup or older sibling. Please return it the next day!
- Read and discuss the Book Baggie book for 3-5 minutes when it comes home. (I will adjust Book Levels as your child shows consistent proficiency over two to three weeks.)
- Library stories are not homework and are meant for you to read aloud to your child at your leisure. Adams12 Five Star Schools encourages families to promote literacy by reading together at least 20 minutes a day!
Q- What if my child has a bathrooming accident at school?
A-Your child will be treated gently and respectfully! Each child should keep a gallon zippy bag in their backpack with a full change of clothes including socks and undies. We will send them to the bathroom to change privately and will send the used things home in the baggie for washing. If the oopsie is too big, your child will sent to the health office where they will still have privacy to clean up, but will have access to more wipes and outside-the-door coaching from our health aide.
Q-Will my child use scissors, glue, markers, pens, pencils,etc.?
A-Yes! We expect students to enter school with proficiency in all of the above. These are important tools for school and come with great responsibility.
Q-Should my child know letter names and sounds now?
Q-When does my child go to the library?
A-Ideally, we go daily. In reality, we go once a week. We have a really tight schedule and the library closes over the lunch hour. Please see the class calendar for our monthly library story time.
Q-Does my child have snack every day?
A-Most days we have a snack; some days we are too busy. We rarely have snack on Wednesdays since the day is much shorter. We have access to water all day and I encourage the student to drink water often.
More questions will be added as they occur!