Parent Volunteer Information
Thank you for your interest in volunteering your time in our classroom. Your help is greatly appreciated! Please read the following information if you would like to volunteer in our class.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Must be Raptor scanned before volunteering!
- No Siblings!
- Remind your child that you are there to help all of the children, not just them.
- Confidentiality is extemely important.
- behavior of your child does not change
- no sitting on your lap or hanging onto you
- don’t do the work for any child, including your own
- help, encourage, and assist but encourage independence
- talk, question, interact, and get involved with their learning
- Per Superintendent Policy 4100 and 5140.1, dress appropriately for volunteering. Casual clothing is fine. Volunteers, like school staff, set an example for students.
- Most importantly, get excited about what they are working on. Get them to talk about what they are doing.
sign yourself up - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094FAEA92DABFC1-mrs6
- only one parent per time slot
- Limited to 1 hour a slot (at this time), limited to once per week
- if you can’t come, please remove yourself from the time slot on the Sign-up Genius site so that another parent can sign-up
What you would be helping with:
- station support (9:20-10:40) **this is a great time to help!
- one-on-on or small group student help
- materials prep
- writing help (8:00-8:30) **this is a great time to help!