Who We are:
The Cotton Creek PTA, a charitable, tax-exempt, 501(C)(3) organization, is dedicated to raising money for Cotton Creek Elementary School in Westminster, Colorado. Our goal is to provide additional financial resources to supplement the school’s budget for student field trips, technology, school beautification, and social activities to foster the
healthy growth and well-being of our Cotton Creek Community, which includes the students, their families and all staff members. Join the PTA for a yearly due of only $10. As a member you will be able to vote during PTA meetings and help decide where the money should be spent! Click on the links below for more information about the PTA and what it does to help Cotton Creek!
● President: Debi Bennett
● VP: Jennifer Becker
● Secretary: Quinn Waller
● Treasurer: Walker Sears
Please send your comments, questions or concerns to email@example.com.
Allocation of funds are voted on by dues paying PTA members. Approximate allocations include;
● 40% of the money is given back to the school to use as needed
● 1-3% is used for social events, teacher appreciation activities, etc.
● 47% of the money is deposited in the PTA bank account and spending out of that account is voted on during monthly PTA meetings.
School Wide Fundraising (2 times a year—NO SALES DRIVES)
● Hallow-Read-Along, October 31, 2018
● Dash-For- Cash: March 15, 2019 (check back later for details)
● Dine Out Spirit Nights - please see attached calendar at the bottom
There are lots of easy ways to earn money for Cotton Creek. Please participate in asmany of the programs below as possible by purchasing your King Soopers shopping cards, collecting box tops, and milk caps, setting your personal and business Amazon Account to AmazonSmile on behalf of Cotton Creek. Details on all of these programs are provided below. Help multiply our efforts by sending the link to this page to your friends and family and asking them to do the same. If we all work together we can earn money for Cotton Creek and help the environment!
Free Money! (On-Going Throughout The Year)
● King Soopers Reloadable Gift Card Program
● Box Tops for Education
● Milk Caps for Moola
● Amazon Smile
King Soopers Cards
King Soopers Reloadable Gift Card Program Supporting Cotton Creek PTA just became easier with the King Soopers Reloadable Gift Card Program. At no extra cost to you, 5% of every dollar you spend at King Soopers will be given back to Cotton Creek PTA to enhance your child’s education.
● Step 1 - BUY a $25 reloadable gift card from Cotton Creek PTA.
● Step 2 - RELOAD (and keep reloading) your gift card BEFORE grocery scanning begins in a separate transaction. You can reload your card in any amount up to $500 using cash, check or credit card (a great way to budget and earn points on your credit card.
● Step 3 - PAY for your groceries with your re-loaded card! After the clerk has finished scanning your groceries, pay with your newly loaded card.
Cotton Creek PTA receives 5% back on every dollar you load onto your card.
How can I get a Reloadable King Soopers Card?
In order to benefit Cotton Creek PTA, cards must be purchased through Cotton Creek PTA. We will then deliver your card through your student the following day, or we can make arrangements to have it available in the front office for your pickup. Additionally, you can purchase cards at school events; PTA meetings, or by contacting us.
What can be purchased with a King Soopers Reloadable Card?
Any merchandise in a King Soopers store with the exception of services (Gift cards, Western Union, lottery tickets, stamps etc.). Eligible purchases include gasoline, sporting event tickets and ski lift tickets.
What if I misplace my card?
Each reloadable King Soopers card comes with an ID Number on the back that keeps track of your balance. If your card is lost, your money isn’t gone (provided someone didn’t find the card and use it immediately). Your old card # will be retired and a new card is issued with the balance from your lost card!
Box Tops for Education
● Save your box tops! Box Tops for Education has helped America’s schools earn over $400 million since 1996. You can earn cash for Cotton Creek Elementary by clipping Box Tops coupons from hundreds of participating products and sending
them to school with your child.
● See the detailed report of Cotton Creek's earnings and how it compares to other schools.
● Join Box Tops Online today to help earn Cotton Creek even more!
Milk Caps for Moola
Milk Caps for Moola is sponsored by Longmont Dairy and worth 5¢ each to the school
How does the program work?
● Drink Longmont Dairy Milk (Eligible cap products include: Milk, Chocolate Milk, Strawberry Milk, Half & Half, Whipping Cream, Orange Juice, Lemonade, Raspberry Lemonade, Classic and Cinnamon Eggnog.)
● Save the bottle caps. Save as many as you can—from your bottles, or collect them from your family and neighbors.
● Place them in a bag with your name, your child’s name, teacher’s name and phone number to Cotton Creek’s collection box located near the front office.
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges. From time to time, we may offer special, limited time promotions that increase the donation amount on one or more products or services or provide for additional donations to charitable organizations.
● How do I shop at AmazonSmile?
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
● How do I select a charitable organization to support when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com
), you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. We will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.
Parents frequently ask the PTA Board if a donation can be made to the school rather than participating in a particular fundraiser or just because they would like to give some financial support to the school. Please know this is always an option and preferred by many families. Checks can be made payable to Cotton Creek PTA with a note attached indicating this is a donation. You may drop off your check in the main office or give it to your students teacher. It's important for you to remember that when you make a decision to send in a donation, Cotton Creek PTA receives 100% of the money to put toward events and support of school resources that can impact your child. If you choose to participate, we appreciate your support for the wonderful staff and students of Cotton Creek.
2018-2019 events calendar - please see attached calendar at the bottom
Cotton Creek derives much of its support from the PTA. Our parents provide many family activities throughout the year, including the Carnival, Father/Daughter event, Mother/Son event, Dinner Nights Out, and Back to School event. All Cotton Creek families are welcome and encouraged to join PTA. PTA holds monthly meetings the second Tuesday of each month, starting at 6:30pm in the library. If you are interested in volunteering for Cotton Creek PTA, please send an email with your name and phone number, child’s name and grade to firstname.lastname@example.org